Friday, August 21, 2009

Wish I Could Be That Kind...

Training forms a very important part in Engineering curriculum.
After a lot of fight I finally got through BHEL and NTPC.
I was quite ecstatic this time that finally something big was going to happen. But God had something else in his stores for me. The breaking news came through the demon which resides in the side pocket of my trousers which said," Training after the 6th sem exams has to be undergone in the months of May-June and the exams for 6th semester will be held afterward. " I was thrashed into pieces on reading this news. All my dreams came crashing down and than I had to apply in RRVPNL, Jaipur for my training and luckily I got through the 400 kV GSS for my training.
My accommodation was arranged with Nirbhay bhaiya who is a teacher in CP, Jaipur and used to live at our home in Kota when he taught in Bansal Classes. Pandey Ji is the messiest person I have ever come across in my life. His room being hell's scene (I guess hell would be much better).
But then the love and affection that he has for his fellow men(and women off-course) overpowers all his good habits (cant mention them). The most reckless guy I have seen but not in the case of taking care of others. We went on drives in his brand new I-10 and drank juice(2-3 glasses min.).
One night, after he returned from work, we sat out on the 'grass for name' where the kids around us were playing Dumb-shell-arts. We also did participate actively and den suddenly in between (I dont know what happened), Pandey ji got up and took me with him in his i-10 to an ice-cream shop. We bought ice-cream for all the kids and then what I saw changed my perception of this human being. Some beggars collected around us asking for ice-cream. I was dodging them while Pandey ji took them by their hands and asked them the flavor of their choice. I was astonished to see all this. He bought cornetto for all the kids gathered around us and this was not all. He ran to the car and took a cartoon of biscuits out and distributed it among the kids. I have no words to write the feeling that I was going through at that time while Pandey ji had no expression changes on his face. He was rather happier. Then we bought a packet of Bingo and a 500 ml Fanta and after making the colony kids happy we just took a stroll. Then Pandey ji told me that when he was a kid he always wished to have the experience of roaming freely with a packet of chips and a cold drink in his hand. He couldn't have such luxuries due to lack of money. But things change and now he is in a position that he can fulfill such small desires that a kid possess. I being speechless on his "Karma", could just nod on whatever he said.
I think that such are the desires that everyone of us possess. But how many of us are able to get them fulfilled? The answer lies in the desire itself. This act of kindness has affected my life in a positive way. How many of us are that kind or that wide-hearted? Everything seemed to be fake to me until this incidence occurred. Wish everyone gets that kind. Wish I could be that kind....

3 comments:

PARUL said...

lovely........:)))

Unknown said...

thnx!!

Unknown said...

nice pandey ji....n nice nuts too 4beautifuly penning down dis incidence..